1. Black Lives Matter – a movement advocating for racial justice and against police brutality towards Black people.
2. #MeToo – a movement aimed at ending sexual harassment and assault, particularly in the workplace.
3. Fridays for Future – a youth-led movement advocating for urgent action on climate change and environmental issues.
4. Extinction Rebellion – a movement using nonviolent civil disobedience to pressure governments to take immediate action on the climate and ecological crisis.
5. Women’s March – a movement that began in response to the election of Donald Trump in 2016 and focuses on issues such as women’s rights, reproductive health, and equality.
6. Standing Rock – a movement comprised of Indigenous people and allies protesting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline, and raising awareness about environmental threats to Indigenous communities.
7. March for Our Lives – a student-led movement advocating for gun control laws and raising awareness about gun violence in schools.
8. #SayHerName – a movement bringing attention to the experiences of Black women and girls who have been victims of police brutality and other forms of violence.
9. Youth Strike for Climate – a global movement started by Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg, which involves students skipping school to demand action on climate change from government leaders.
10. Occupy Wall Street – a movement that began in 2011 with a focus on economic inequality and the influence of big corporations on politics.