1. Mobile shopping: More people are shopping on their mobile devices than ever before, with mobile sales accounting for over 70% of all e-commerce sales.
2. Augmented reality: Retailers are using augmented reality (AR) to offer customers a more immersive shopping experience, allowing them to visualize products in their own environment before making a purchase.
3. Artificial intelligence: AI is being used to personalize shopping experiences, offer product recommendations, and even provide customer service.
4. Chatbots: Chatbots are becoming more common in retail, helping customers find products and answer questions via messaging platforms.
5. Virtual reality: Virtual reality (VR) is being used by some retailers to create virtual stores where customers can browse and buy products in a fully immersive environment.
6. Same-day delivery: More retailers are offering same-day delivery to customers, making it easier and more convenient to get items they need without leaving their homes.
7. Subscription services: Subscription services like Amazon Prime and Dollar Shave Club are changing the way people shop, offering recurring deliveries of products customers use frequently.
8. Omnichannel shopping: Omnichannel shopping experiences are becoming more common, allowing customers to shop seamlessly across multiple channels, including in-store, online, and mobile.
9. Smart mirrors: Some retailers are experimenting with smart mirrors that allow customers to try on clothes virtually and see how they look before making a purchase.
10. Social media shopping: Social media platforms are becoming increasingly important to retail, with products from clothing to makeup available for purchase via social media channels.